Join The Children’s Museum of Cleveland in celebrating the opening of SANDasaurus!
Open December 8, 2012 through April 7, 2013
Upon arriving in the exhibit, children will be invited to grab a backpack and tools and become a make-believe paleontologist as they search for fossil clues about ancient life in over 60 tons of indoor sand. Exhibit components include:
- Base Camp – this campsite will let you explore what life is like on a daily basis for a paleontologist away from home.
- Dig Site – use tools to uncover a fossil buried in the sand.
- Paleo Lab – learn about the special tools a paleontologist uses to prepare fossils.
- Dino Dress Up – dress up in a dinosaur costume while you pretend-play with your friends what it would be like to actually be a dinosaur.
- Dino Playground – develop your gross motor skills as you maneuver through this fun area.
- Sand Sculpture – Cleveland’s own Carl Jara, one of the nation’s top sand artists returns to create another of his one-of-a-kind masterpieces.
- And much more …
While the main focus of SANDasaurus is to provide young visitors with a unique, hands-on learning experience, the many “extras” help provide a dramatic, immersive environment in which important skills and concepts can be taught to children of all ages and abilities through creative play.