Summer Discovery Camps
Summer Discovery Camps will not be offered this summer.
Thanks for your interest and please check back for other events and programs that will be coming Summer 2015!
Your child is creative and energetic! The CMC has the right combination of hands-on learning activities to inspire your child to have a fun and imaginative summer.
All of our multidisciplinary Discovery Camps offer science experiments, art exploration, music and movement and free-play in museum exhibits and outdoor garden. Camps welcome 4, 5 and 6 year old children. A multi-age curriculum has been developed that will encourage teamwork and creativity.
“We were very impressed with the camp. The instructor’s enthusiasm was infectious and our son had a great time. It was well organized and the museum provided great communication before, during and after the camp. Thanks!” ~Parent of CMC Camper
Pre-registration for all camps is required. Space is limited – class size is limited to the first 20 children to register. *Note: Snacks will NOT be provided, please pack for your child every day. Refrigeration is available. Questions? Please check out the FAQs listed below or call Alys Hileman, Camp Coordinator, at 216.791.7114 x26.
$99.00 per child/camp for CMC members
$115.00 for non-members
*Note: Cancellations made prior to 14 days before the start of camp will be refunded (minus a $10.00 processing fee). Changes will be charged a $10.00 processing fee. We reserve the right to refuse or discontinue an individual’s participation if his/her welfare or the welfare of others is in jeopardy.
JOIN THE LUNCH BUNCH
This is an optional 2 hour extension to camp for families who need flexibility or just can’t get enough of CMC. Kids who participate in Lunch Bunch! will bring their own lunch to the museum and participate in counselor supervised crafts, games and free play in the museum from noon- 2:00 pm. Register for Lunch Bunch! anywhere from 1-5 days a week!
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Bring your own lunch.
$10.00 per day ~ Pre-registration required.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a snack time? Yes, around 10:30 am. Campers must provide their own snack, except in Kitchen Chemistry camp. A refrigerator and microwave are available.
- What if my child has an allergy? We kindly ask caregivers not to pack nut products for snack or lunch. Families are welcome to leave allergy medication or epi-pens with Lead Counselor.
- Is there a discount for more than one child? Yes! There is a $5 off discount for siblings.
- How many kids are in each camp? There is a limit of 20 campers per session with 4 counselors.
- Will the children have free play in the exhibits? Yes. Upon arrival to camp, before the Museum is open to the general public.
- Will the campers be interacting with regular Museum guests? Not during regular camp hours. Children who stay for Lunch Bunch! will have time to play in the exhibits while being supervised by their counselors.