Give us a hand…help families and children learn in a fun and interactive atmosphere. The Children’s Museum of Cleveland has volunteer opportunities to suit every schedule.
Qualified applicants must possess the following traits and characteristics to become a successful volunteer at The Children’s Museum of Cleveland:
* Good communication and leadership skills
* Outgoing and enthusiastic
* Enjoy working with children
* Flexible and adaptable
* Patience and understanding of children and the ability to work at their level
* Willingness to learn, take direction and follow procedures.
Volunteer opportunities at The Children’s Museum of Cleveland include:
Printable Volunteer Application (Acrobat Reader required)
– Assist with preparation and presentation of day-to-day scheduled programming and activities and conduct impromptu interpretive programming.
– Responsibilities include maintaining exhibits, interacting with Museum guests, and being visible to work with and answer guest’s questions.
Special Events Assistant
– Participate in the planning and/or presentation of scheduled special events. Opportunities include helping at exciting Exhibit Preview Parties, participating at outreach events (Parade the Cirlce, Fall on the Circle, Home & Garden Show, etc.), and special in-Museum events (Holiday CircleFest, MLK Day, etc.).
– Assist with data entry, filing, and other administrative/clerical duties. Also will assist with preparation of Museum mailings (folding, stuffing and stamping envelopes).
Especially for teens:
Junior Camp Counselor
Junior counselor will assist head counselor in preparation and presentation of camp activities including hands-on art, science and interactive play. Junior counselors will also lead Lunch Bunch sessions by joining children for lunch, crafts, games and playtime. Available to students entering 8th grade and above.
Time Requirements:Daily: 8:30 am – 2:30 pm, Monday through Friday Must commit to at least 2 weeks Receive 60 hours towards your community service requirement!
(June 10th – July 12th are filled)July 15th – July 19th In My Own Backyard July 22rd – July 26th Fairytale Science July 29th – August 2rd Community Helpers August 5th – 9th Dino Dig
No camp the week of July 4
Printable Junior Counselor application 2013 (Acrobat Reader required)
For more information email Camp Director Alys Hileman at ahileman@ClevelandChildrensMuseum.org